Your doctor’s office will contact you by letter, phone, email or patient portal when you meet the requirements of one of the state’s phases. We will keep you informed about the state’s rollout plans and when and where you can receive the vaccine.
We know many of you are eager to receive the vaccination. It is our goal to vaccinate as many of our patients as possible.
- The vaccination clinic is held at MelroseWakefield Hospital in the Perkins Lecture Hall, located off the main entrance. Parking is free.
- For your comfort and to promote social distancing, please wait in your car until just a couple of minutes before your vaccination time. There is no need to arrive and enter the hospital early. You will not be permitted to wait inside for an extended period of time for your safety.
- When you enter the hospital you will be greeted and screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Please remember to wear a mask, if you do not have a mask one will be provided to you.
- Wait in line to check-in. We will then check your ID and verify your appointment. If this is your first dose of the vaccine, we will tell you which vaccine we are administering and when your second dose appointment is scheduled.
- We will bring you to the health care professional who will administer your vaccine and then we will help you to the vaccine observation waiting area.
- After receiving the vaccine, you’ll sit for 15-20 minutes in our care observation area to be sure you are feeling ok and not having any reaction.
- The entire process from registration and vaccination to observation will take about 30 minutes.
As always, talk with your health care provider about questions or concerns you have related to personal conditions or situations.
Please note: We are not able to vaccinate family or friends who accompany a patient to a vaccine appointment unless they meet the current eligibility requirements.
The state-run vaccine clinics are currently offering vaccines to those who accompany a patient to their vaccine appointment. For more information about state-run vaccine clinics, please visit mass.gov/covidvaccine or call the hotline at 877-211-6277.