Providing Patient, Family and Community Input
We are local residents who provide valuable input on area health needs.
We are an important advisory committee that is comprised of community members, current and former patients, and employees who serve to strengthen community relations and address health needs with local cities and towns. We provide an independent, community perspective to help the organization enhance patient services.
We focus on a number of service enhancement and awareness initiatives that address quality, improve patient experience and increase safety. For example, we recently evaluated hospital visiting hours to improve the patient experience by reviewing policies, meeting with stakeholders and making recommendations.
Review our annual report to see where we focused our efforts and what our impact was:
- patient family advisory council annual report (2017)
- patient family advisory council annual report (2016)
We are recruiting for new members. If you would like to join, you should:
- have been a patient, family member, caregiver or staff
- be committed to the vision
- be able to regularly attend meetings and be committed to the group as a whole
- represent the mixture of cultural, social and economic backgrounds
- be assertive, open-minded, objective and resilient
- be willing to listen to others, share with others and compromise when appropriate
- be able to promote trust and gain support from other members while maintaining confidentiality
- be able to represent the views of other families along with their own positions in an understandable and meaningful way
If you are interested in learning more about the council or would like to become a member, please call us at 781-979-3439.