MelroseWakefield Healthcare is grateful for the overwhelming outreach by our community friends, businesses, schools, families and colleagues who have asked how can they help and support our healthcare providers during this time.
Our hospitals are in need of supplies to manage anticipated increased patient needs. If you are in a position to donate any of the following, it is greatly appreciated. We can provide you with an in-kind donation form.
Make a Gift
Many generous friends of MelroseWakefield Healthcare have asked how they can support the hospital through this crisis. You can have an impact by making a gift to our COVID-19 Community Support. Your gift will be used to aid our efforts with essential equipment as well as help us care for our caregivers who are on the frontlines of this crisis. They are our real heroes.
- Surgical masks or N95 masks
- Latex or rubber gloves
- Disposable rain ponchos or Tyvek gowns
- Face shields
- Protective eyewear (i.e. safety glasses)
Donations must be clean and in unopened packages.
How to Donate Supplies
Please bring donated items to MelroseWakefield Medical Office Building at 888 Main Street in Wakefield, MA.
Or you may contact MasksForMelroseHosp@melrosewakefield.org if you have appropriate items and we will coordinate each donation.
Sewn Face Masks
We are looking for crafty people who like to sew and can sew face masks for us.
How to sew CDC-compliant face masks:
- Use tightly woven cotton fabric.
- Wash and dry fabric before sewing so masks don’t shrink.
- Follow the patterns at one of the links below.
- Drop-off masks in one of the location bins listed below.
Accepted face mask patterns:
How to Donate Sewn Face Masks
Donation bins for face masks are located at:
- MelroseWakefield Medical Building, 888 Main Street, Wakefield
- Melrose Laundromat, 412 Main Street, Melrose
All donated face masks will be laundered by Melrose Laundromat prior to using.
Questions can be sent to MasksForMelroseHosp@melrosewakefield.org.
Words of Support
We are so appreciative of the many messages and words of support to our health care providers. Keep them coming!
How to Share Words of Support
Two ways to connect with us:
- Take a photo of your message and tag us on social media
- Email them to MasksForMelroseHosp@melrosewakefield.org
- Collection bins are located at 888 Main Street in Wakefield
We will share with staff to let them know how much you care.
Tufts Medicine Formerly Wellforce