Explaining & Navigating our Financial Assistance Process
We work with individuals with limited incomes and resources to find available options to cover the cost of their care.
About Financial Assistance
Tufts Medicine MelroseWakefield Hospital and Lawrence Memorial Hospital will assist our patients in obtaining financial assistance from public programs and other sources. The hospital has financial aid policies that are consistent with the mission and values of the organization and take into account each individual’s ability for payment, including offering payment plans. Our financial assistance program does comply with state and federal laws and regulations. Financial counselors are available at 781-338-7111.
We recommend you start by reviewing the financial assistance policy or the summary version and then fill out the application or call 781-338-7111 to schedule an appointment with one of our financial counselors.
Our complete financial assistance policy is available in English, and then the “plain language” summary is available in 8 languages. If you require a printed document or other assistance, including translations in a language not listed, interpreter services support is available and will be provided at no cost.
Financial Assistance Policy
“Plain Language” Summary of Financial Assistance Policy
The financial assistance policy applies to the services delivered and billed by MelroseWakefield Healthcare at the following locations:
- MelroseWakefield Hospital, 585 Lebanon Street, Melrose, MA 02176
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital, 170 Governors Avenue, Medford, MA 02155
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital Urgent Care, 170 Governors Avenue, Medford, MA 02155
- MelroseWakefield Healthcare Breast Health Center, 41 Montvale Avenue, 4th Floor, Stoneham, MA 02180
- Hallmark Health Medical Associates d/b/a Tufts Medical Center Community Care, 101 Main Street, Medford, MA 02155
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital Rehabilitation Services, 101 Main Street, Medford, MA 02155, Suites 105 and 106
- Lawrence Memorial Medical Services, 101 Main Street, Medford, MA 02155, Suites 113, 114, and 116
- Family Medical Associates, 101 Main Street, Medford, MA 02155, Suites 213, 214, and 215
- Community Counseling Center at Malden Family Health Center, 178 Savin Street, 2nd Floor, Malden, MA 02148
- Community Counseling Services, Suite 112, 101 Main Street, Medford, MA 02155
- MelroseWakefield Imaging, 830 Main Street, 3rd Floor, Melrose, MA 02176
- MelroseWakefield Radiation Oncology & MRI, 48 Montvale Avenue, Stoneham, MA 02180
- Hallmark Health Medical Center, 30 Newcrossing Road, Reading, MA 01867
- MelroseWakefield Rehabilitation Services, 888 Main Street, Wakefield, MA 01880
Each of these providers or provider groups deliver services at a hospital location, however, their bills and charges are not covered under the MelroseWakefield Healthcare financial assistance policy.
The MelroseWakefield Healthcare financial assistance policy excludes services delivered and billed by the following entities associated with MelroseWakefield Healthcare:
- Hallmark Health Medical Associates d/b/a Tufts Medical Center Community Care
- Commonwealth Radiology Associates
- Departments, where a patient may be seen by a provider not covered by the financial assistance policy, are: Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Radiology, Hematology, Oncology, Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, OB-GYN, Nephrology, Podiatry, Pulmonary, Rheumatology, Sleep Medicine, Surgery, Urology, Wound Care
- Fresenius Medical Care North America
- Hospital Medicine Associates (Team Health)
a. MelroseWakefield Hospital at 585 Lebanon Street, Melrose, MA 02176
- Melrose Wakefield Emergency Physicians, Inc.
a. Providers in the Emergency Department located at MelroseWakefield Hospital at 585 Lebanon Street, Melrose, MA 02176.
b. Providers at Urgent Care located at 170 Governors Avenue, Medford, MA 02155 and 30 Newcrossing Road, Reading, MA 01867.
- Medford Surgery Center, LLC
- Mystic Medical Group, including Dr. Weinstein
- UMS New England Lithotripsy
- Pratt Anesthesia Associates, Inc.
- Pratt Pathology Associates, Inc.
- Tufts Medical Center Physicians Organization, Inc. (f/k/a New England Health Care Foundation, Inc.)
- Regional Home Care
All physicians and physician organizations associated with MelroseWakefield Healthcare including the providers set forth above are encouraged, but not required, to follow the financial assistance policy of MelroseWakefield Healthcare.
Last updated July 19, 2021