Important Information for Visitors
Visitors are valued and play a key role in a loved one’s healing process.
Updates to Visitor Policy effective March 8, 2021
With the declining numbers of COVID-positive patients throughout the state, we are able to open limited visiting hours. We understand the importance for both patients and their loved ones to be able to visit a patient while they are in the hospital. We are making these changes based upon the improving infection rates but with continued strict safety policies in place including wearing a mask and social distancing. Please visit this site regularly for updates as this information can change. Effective March 8, 2021:
- Inpatient: Visiting hours are 2 to7 p.m., daily, for non-COVID-positive patients. Visiting hours will end promptly at 7 p.m., so visitors are please asked to plan time appropriately. In general, the latest a visitor can check-in is 6:30 p.m.
The number of visitors is limited to one visitor per patient per day.
For COVID-positive inpatients, care teams will continue to coordinate with the patient and the patient’s family on a case-by-case basis. Please connect with the patient’s care provider before visiting.
- Outpatient: Outpatients requiring assistance for a clinic visit or procedure will continue to be allowed to have one accompanying support person.
- Obstetrics: OB patients can continue to have one support person during labor and following delivery. OB patients may also have one accompanying visitor for ultrasound visits.
- Emergency Department: ED patients are allowed one accompanying support person.
- Breast Health Center in Stoneham: Breast Health Center patients requiring assistance for a clinic visit are allowed one accompanying support person.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to help keep everyone safe.
This information is updated regularly, but we always suggest calling the units directly for the most up-to-date information.
Learn more about what we are doing to deliver quality care safely and ensure that you are Safe with Us.
Free parking is available at our hospitals. For our visitor’s safety, our parking lots are patrolled by security personnel around the clock. If you have any questions about where to park or need assistance finding a space, ask the on-duty security person or the receptionist in the main lobby.
As a precautionary measure in response to COVID-19, valet services are currently not available.
Thank you for respecting that all our facilities and campuses are tobacco-free.
Latex Balloon Policy
No arrangements or bouquets that contain latex balloons will be accepted. Because the latex proteins become airborne when one of these balloons pops, it could predispose anyone in the vicinity to a potentially dangerous allergic reaction; for this reason, we will no longer allow latex in our facilities.
Gift Shops (temporarily closed)
Our gift shops offer a variety of quality gifts and personal items at a full range of prices including baby clothes, flowers, reading material, snacks, and specialty gifts.