Pastoral Support for Patients & Family
Chaplains provide support to patients and families during their hospital stay.
Our chaplains are available for all faiths including those with no religious affiliation and, by request, they can facilitate visits by clergy of all denominations.
They can be reached seven days a week and provide support for all patients and family members. They can assist with:
- emotional distress
- receiving a new diagnosis
- a patient who is anxious about a medical procedure
- those in need of support of prayer, scripture, sacraments or other healing rituals
- those who need help in identifying resources of faith
- a patient exploring life’s meaning as a result of a health crisis
- those who need support in a decision-making situation
- those who need support and comfort at the end of life and at time of death
Eucharistic ministers from local Catholic parishes offer prayer and Eucharist to Catholic patients every day (except Saturday). For sacramental emergencies, there is an on-call priest.