Updates to Visitor Policy (effective December 1, 2020)
We continue to take numerous safety precautions to keep patients, families and staff safe during the pandemic. We understand the importance for both the patient and loved one to be able to visit a patient while in the hospital; however, we have made the difficult decision to again place restrictions on visitation as an added safety measure. These changes take effect Tuesday, Dec. 1. Please visit this site regularly for updates as this information can change.
- Inpatients: No visitors allowed at this time. Please call your patient’s care team for updates and information. As we have been doing throughout the pandemic, exceptions to this restriction will be made on a case-by-case basis in coordination with the patients’ care teams.
- Outpatients: Outpatients requiring assistance for a clinic visit or procedure will be allowed one accompanying visitor. If the patient does not need specific assistance, the person accompanying the patient for a clinic visit or procedure should wait in the car.
- Obstetrics: OB patients are allowed one support person during labor and following delivery. Please talk with your obstetrician if you have questions. Also, OB patients may have one accompanying visitor for ultrasound visits.
- Emergency Department: ED patients are allowed one accompanying visitor. However, once the patient is inside the clinic area, the accompanying person will need to wait in the car.
- Breast Health Center in Stoneham: Breast Health Center patients requiring assistance for a clinic visit may be allowed one accompanying visitor. Please talk with your physician or NP for approval and assistance. If the patient does not need specific assistance, the person accompanying the patient for a clinic visit will be asked to wait in the car.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we take these extraordinary measures to help keep everyone safe.
This information is updated regularly, but we always suggest calling the units directly for the most up-to-date information.