Transitioning from Cancer Patient to Survivor
There are over 15.5 million cancer survivors in the United States*.
Our survivorship program offers support to patients who have completed active cancer treatment and are in remission. We support you in the transition from treatment to life after cancer and include important medical and wellness benefits, such as:
- monitoring, detection and prevention of new or recurrent cancers
- appropriate care for cancer treatment side effects
- managing physical changes and side effects of treatment
- making connections with cancer support groups
- establishing a healthy and nutritious diet
- addressing your emotional concerns
- maintaining recommended follow-up care, such as regular check-ups with your oncologist
Having goals are an important part of your cancer treatment plan and our survivorship program helps provide the resources you need. To discover all of your options for community-based cancer treatment, learn more about our comprehensive cancer care at the Tufts Medical Center Cancer Center in Stoneham.
*as of January 1, 2016 and as reported in the American Cancer Society’s Cancer Facts & Figures 2018.