Diagnosing & Treating with Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiology is used in the diagnosis and treatment of complex medical and surgical needs and, in some cases, can offer an alternative to surgery.
Interventional radiologists are an important part of the care team to offer services for a variety of specialty services, including cancer care, GI and digestive health, heart care, kidney care, vein care and women’s health.
With interventional radiology, most procedures can be offered at a lower risk with less pain, smaller incisions (usually the size of a pencil tip) and shorter recovery times. Patients rarely require general anesthesia and most procedures can be performed on an outpatient basis.
Treatments & Procedures
We offer the full spectrum of interventional radiology procedures, including:
- angiography with angioplasty, stenting, thrombolysis and embolization
- image-guided needle biopsies
- cancer therapy including embolization, radiofrequency ablation and port placement
- deep venous thrombosis thrombolytic therapy
- IVC filter placement
- abscess drainage
- transhepatic cholangiogram with drainage and stent placement
- gastrostomy tubes (feeding tubes)
- genitourinary procedures including nephrostomy tubes and ureteral stenting
- thoracentesis and paracentesis
- uterine fibroid embolization
- venous access procedures
- dialysis catheter placement and hemodialysis access maintenance
- varicose vein and varicocele therapy
If an imaging test has been prescribed to you, we have convenient locations and you can schedule an appointment at 781-338-7111.