Delivering the Best Care in Maternal-Newborn Services
From their first breaths, first cries, and first tender touches, each newborn baby and mother have received highly personalized maternity care from our attentive physicians, nurses and specialists.
For more than 100 years, the maternity specialists at MelroseWakefield Hospital have joined generations of families in welcoming their babies into the world. Our approach to maternity care encourages family unity by focusing on the physical, social and emotional needs of you and your family.
We welcome nearly 1,000 babies each year into the community, so you can be assured that you are in good hands. Should you or your baby need additional care, we have a clinical affiliation with Tufts Medical Center and Tufts Children’s Hospital.
Our nurses and nurse practitioners, breastfeeding consultants, childbirth educators, obstetricians and gynecologists work as a team to provide you, your baby and family the attention and support you deserve. We offer:
- breastfeeding support
- care for high-risk pregnancies
- family-centered cesarean births
- level II special care nursery
- obstetric and postpartum care
- prenatal education
- private labor, delivery and recovery rooms
- nurse visits to your home
Are you looking for an obstetrician or to deliver your baby at MelroseWakefield Hospital? Use our doctor finder tool to find one today – we offer same-day and next-day appointments to make scheduling an appointment easy.
Our supportive environment allows mom and baby to begin bonding right away while we provide the tools to help mom and baby have the best start. We are proud to have been designated as a Baby-Friendly Hospital (a program of the World Health Organization and UNICEF), this means:
- you and your baby receive the best care and support as you begin your new life together
- you and your baby will be cared for together in your room and you will not be routinely separated
- we will be supportive of your feeding choice
- breastfeeding support that starts in the hospital and will continue when you are home
- our nurses have received specialized training in breastfeeding techniques
- our lactation consultants are available to help with breastfeeding
For further information about breastfeeding or to schedule an appointment with one of our lactation consultants, please call 781-979-MILK (6455).
Find an OB/GYN near you in Reading, Stoneham, Melrose, Medford, Wakefield and other north suburban Boston communities.