Advanced Radiation Therapy Care
Radiation oncology, also called radiation therapy, is a type of cancer treatment that is used alone or alongside chemotherapy.
Radiation oncology is often used as a treatment for cancer. It delivers precise, high-dose X-ray radiation directly to unhealthy tissue and cancer while protecting the surrounding healthy tissue.
We personalize your treatment plan based on the type, stage and location of your cancer. We collaborate with your care team, including your surgeons, pathologists, oncologists/hematologists, nutritionists, primary care physicians and social workers, to provide you the best care.
Our expert team offers precise, high-quality care, right here in the community. Our state-of-the-art equipment and treatments include:
- cone beam CT (CBCT)
- Elekta Infinity linear accelerator
- intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- image-guided radiotherapy
- Gamma Knife radiosurgery (to treat lesions on the brain in collaboration with our neurosurgeons)
- high-dose rate brachytherapy treatment
- Oldelft Therapax 3 superficial radiotherapy (to treat skin cancers)
- stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) (to treat lung, liver and other cancers)
- volumetric arc therapy (VMAT)
Through our clinical affiliation with Tufts Medical Center and Tufts Medical Center Cancer Center, we take pride in providing you with the best care, right in your north suburban Boston neighborhood. Our comprehensive services are offered at the MelroseWakefield Radiology Oncology in Stoneham, MA.
Find a radiation oncologist who can provide you with high-quality, expert care in north suburban Boston, including Stoneham, Wakefield, Everett, Woburn, Melrose and Medford.