Immunizations & Care Guidelines to Prepare You for Travel to Developing Countries
We provide necessary precautions, immunizations, medications and medical care for travel-related illnesses.
Conditions We Treat For
A visit with us can substantially reduce the risk of contracting diseases or illnesses through appropriate immunizations, preventive medication and education. We may recommend immunizations for:
- chicken pox
- hepatitis A
- hepatitis B
- Japanese encephalitis vaccine (JEV)
- measles, mumps, rubella (MMR)
- pertussis vaccine
- typhoid fever
- yellow fever
Care We Provide
Our infectious disease specialist has specific expertise in advising those who are:
- planning international adoption
- people returning to foreign countries to visit family
- people with underlying medical conditions or allergies
- anyone leaving the United States to conduct scientific research
We will treat you if you are planning a trip to a developing country. This is especially important if you:
- enter remote areas
- have contact with animals
- intend to spend more than a few weeks
- provide clinical care
- provide humanitarian relief
We recommend a visit to our clinic if you are planning on visiting countries in Africa, South East Asia, Central America, or South America.
Immunizations and prophylactic medicines may also be needed when traveling to parts of Mexico, Russia, Southern and Eastern Europe, or Asia.
For more information about our travel medicine services, please call 781-306-6264.