Treatment for Difficult Wounds
Our goal is to improve your quality of life.
Your personalized care plan is customized to your specific wound and medical needs. Due to this approach, we have healing statistics above the national average. It may include a combination of:
- weekly or serial removal of damaged tissue
- advanced wound dressings
- vascular assessments
- diabetic and nutritional education
- negative pressure therapy
- hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- skin substitutes and grafts
- off-loading devices including total contact casting
- infectious disease management
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy uses high levels of pressurized oxygen to kick-start your body’s natural healing process. It is a simple, painless and noninvasive treatment where you breathe 100% pure oxygen in a pressurized chamber which increases the amount of oxygen in your blood to promote healing. The frequency is determined by your specific wound and care team, but it’s commonly provided once a day for 4-6 weeks.
If you think hyperbaric oxygen therapy could help you, please speak with your primary care provider or specialist for a referral or call us directly at 781-979-3500.