Transforming the Lawrence Memorial Hospital Campus in Medford
Bringing high-quality accessible healthcare of the future.
Lawrence Memorial Hospital landscaping next week (added March 19, 2021)
With the coming of spring, we will be completing the landscaping plans of the Lawrence Memorial Hospital campus next week.
- Beginning on Monday, March 22, we will begin planting trees and plants in the parking lot islands and areas surrounding the buildings. This work should be completed by Friday, March 26.
- Landscaping work will also be taking place on the corner of Governors Ave and Lawrence Road, where crews will be placing loam to prep for seeding.
- Following the completion of the landscaping work, the re-paving of the parking lot is scheduled to take place during the week of April 5.
All of this work is dependent on the weather.
Thank you for your continued patience during construction. If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Ambulatory surgery center approved by Medford City Council
October 16, 2019 – The Medford City Council approved the site plan and special permit required for the construction of an ambulatory surgery center at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. The unanimous vote paves the way for the 16,000 square-foot joint venture between MelroseWakefield Healthcare, Shields Health Care Group, and the Tufts Medical Center Physicians Organization. The one-story ambulatory surgery center will be located within the existing footprint of Lawrence Memorial Hospital and will include new state-of-the-art operating rooms and procedural rooms for outpatient surgery.
Extended Urgent Care
Lawrence Memorial Hospital Urgent Care has extended hours! We are open seven days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. The urgent care entrance is next to the previously used emergency department entrance.
Advancing Local Healthcare
Lawrence Memorial Hospital’s plans for a major investment in advancing local healthcare in Medford continue. This includes building an ambulatory surgery center in partnership with Shields Health Care Group and Tufts Medical Center physicians, and transitioning hospital services to bring greater focus on providing high-quality outpatient services patients are seeking to one convenient location.
The Ambulatory Surgery Center project will bring ease of access to high quality day surgery and in a lower-cost setting for patients needing same day surgeries and procedures locally, avoiding inconvenient, costly trips to Boston. The proposed single story building with three operating rooms and two procedure rooms will provide a convenient, local setting for many of the region’s finest surgeons to perform their surgeries, including those from Tufts Medical Center.
Services Offered by the Ambulatory Surgery Center
The new ambulatory surgery center will provide many high-end common procedures offered by specialists in orthopedics; ear, nose and throat; GI and plastic surgery. It will provide the opportunity for surgeons utilizing the ambulatory surgery center to create physician office space, providing one convenient location for surgery, follow-up appointments and physical therapy, and any other related tests such as blood work or imaging.
Bringing more services to Lawrence Memorial Hospital for all ages
The Ambulatory Surgery Center is a major step in support of our vision to continue a robust health care presence in Medford by bringing more of the types of services to Lawrence Memorial Hospital that serve the community’s needs today and for the future
The development of the ambulatory surgery center paves the way for plans to bring more physician and outpatient services to the existing Lawrence Memorial Hospital building, including family medicine and internal medicine physicians, cardiology, and women’s health specialists, to name a few. This is in addition to the existing physician services in neurology, endocrinology and diabetes care, sleep medicine, lab and radiology, 3D mammography and urgent care.
Ambulatory Surgery Center key benefits include:
- Bringing services and vibrancy back to the campus as a healthcare provider and employer. This is great for both our community and the City as a whole.
- As a joint venture with highly regarded Shields Health Care, the Ambulatory Surgery Center will bring renowned Tufts Medical Center surgeons and physicians to care for our patients in our own community.
- The Ambulatory Surgery Center at Lawrence Memorial Hospital serves as an example and commitment to addressing the rising cost of healthcare by keeping healthcare services local.
- Ambulatory surgery center approved by Medford City Council; October 16, 2019
- Hallmark Health Looks Build New Ambulatory Surgery Center Lawrence Memorial Hospital Campus; January 5, 2018
- New ambulatory surgery center at Medford’s Lawrence Memorial Hospital approved, Medford Transcript; October 21, 2019
- Falco on LMH Ambulatory Surgical Center: “Everyone feels a little bit better now”, Medford Transcript; May 31, 2019
- Lawrence family descendant: Ambulatory center needed for hospital’s financial future, Medford Transcript; January 24, 2019
- State approves ambulatory center at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Medford Transcript; January 10, 2019
- Medford residents, officials raise concerns about future healthcare access, Medford Transcript; January 8, 2019
- MelroseWakefield to conduct traffic study, create community group, Medford Transcript, October 19, 2018
- Future of Lawrence Memorial will include community input, owners say, Medford Transcript, September 18, 2018
- Ambulatory center, outpatient services proposed for Lawrence Memorial, Medford Transcript; August 20, 2018
- Hallmark Health has a new name, but Lawrence Memorial stays, Medford Transcript; May 15, 2018
- Hallmark Health looks to build new ambulatory surgery center at Medford’s Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Medford Transcript; May 5, 2018
- Talks Begin For New Lawrence Memorial Hospital Facility, Medford Patch; May 2, 2018
- Can low-intensity care solve high healthcare costs?, New York Times; June 11, 2018